Sunday, October 18, 2009

what next?

Hey Everybody!
I am home now, by about 18 hours and am already missing India and Sri Lanka in ways I am only beginning to understand. It is with many levels of impact cruising my brain that I will try to start conveying the experience of my journey and working towards being a part of solutions for the countries I have come to love. This includes writing the book about what I learned while there, as well as setting up a non-profit organization to promote graduate research and hope in a country with only a little of the first and an abundant amount of the second.
The fallacy is that we here in America are removed from the struggle, that we have no impact, that there isn't any reason to help but I believe that what can affect one, has an effect on all.
I'd love to hear your suggestions about directions the non-profit should take, and I'd love for any of you who feel inclined to be a part of the planning to come aboard. You can email me at wise.ang@gmail.com to discuss this.
Thank-you, bo ho ma s tu ti yi (singhalese), Shukriyah or dhanyavad (Hindi), for being a part of this experience. I will post parts of chapters as I get them written!

No comments:

Post a Comment