Sunday, September 6, 2009

Today's the day-

I just woke up with my dogs for the last time this month and noticed immediately that every cell in my body is buzzing with anticipation (ok, well that sounds like the beginning of a love scene). This doesn't feel like the other trips I've been on. In fact, it has felt from the beginning that the universe is arranging and ordering possibilities in so many ways that I have felt her hand on my back pushing me in this direction....heard her whisper in my ear that this is intended. So many signs, people, and circumstances have been placed in my life that I finally embraced the idea and said ok, ok, ok.

Two or three weeks ago I got a call from my new friend Aimee at USGS asking if I could come in for an interview. I thought to myself that if offered a job at USGS I would have to take it, no matter my trip to India & Sri Lanka and the universe would have to wait to send me on this trip. Aimee explained the position to me and then she said, "WE CAN ONLY GIVE YOU ONE WEEK OF WORK IN SEPTEMBER AND THEN YOU WILL BE OFF UNTIL OCTOBER". It was like the universe was smugly smiling as she whispered "take that and don't ever doubt me again!"

A friend was browsing my bookshelves a few days ago and happened to pick up a book about quantum leap thinking I had read several years ago. We had been playing around with my new camera and talking about me making this trip alone when he found a passage I had written in the front of the book (as I often use the cover pages for notes while reading): Like petroleum on a camera lens, fear distorts. hmmm....

So I have a plane to catch in a few hours, and a country to meet tomorrow. In a few days I will meet my new friend Ganga (i know what you are thinking, but no), a river that is worshipped as a goddess. Maybe she can give me some pointers!

My friend Piyumika from Sri Lanka sent me an email yesterday that she signed "May God's blessings be with you"- so I say this to each of you.
Namaste-

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you are feeling so at ease about this trip. When all signs point to yes, everything will seem to just fall into place. Good luck Ang! I'll be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete